With 163 coded files and 20 database tables, AIF Education Management System project marked itself as the biggest project delivered by Surpass Web Design and Hosting up to this day - as of January 2018.
To mention just a few features of this massive project we can say:
* Inclusion of 3 major components, namely the students' access portal, the professors' access portal, and the office staff (registrar, dean, assistant registrar, etc.) portal made this project a multi-facet project since day number one!
* Based on the specifications of the project and the requirements set by the client, total number of 20 database tables were designed and their relationships were defined. In order to make sure that the database system would function without a lag, we tested the database by injecting thousands of dummy data/rows into the tables and performed some basic query tasks. Things went on flawlessly which was also thanks to our Linux server based in USA - the state of Utah.
* In order to efficiently handle the authentication of all 3 types of users (i.e. students, profs., office staff), we used php sessions in conjunction with PDO framework of PHP. We did this by utilizing Object Oriented Programming.
* We designed three different custom CSS (Cascade Style Sheet) files to make the three above-named portals visually distinctive. Surely, we also considered responsive design using the latest version of Bootstrap (v. 4) to allow students and other users of the web application to be able to connect to the website using their own mobile and tablet devices. With Responsive Web Design, there is no need to zoom in-out in any of the pages and sections of the website.
* Perhaps the coolest part of this project, can be the fact that we were able to finish the whole thing way ahead of the scheduled deadline, thanks to intensive concept design and early database planning, and of course, thanks to the client for providing the necessary information.
P.S. this credit also goes to coffee & tea! :)
Sample screen-shot of the actual project (copyright reserved)